Carpet cleaning is a great household chore. It is not simply vacuuming and getting rid of dirt that is stuck in the carpet fiber. When the grime is not easy to remove, you might want to seek the assistance of a professional carpet cleaner especially if you have wall to wall carpeting that can take hours to do by yourself. However, if you have decided to do the cleaning yourself, we are glad to give you seven smart tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by preparing ahead. Set up your carpet washing materials in one bucket and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read carefully the instructions on the carpet cleaning products first before using them. Always follow package instructions to ensure safety.
3. Take out most of the furniture and anything that obstructs the carpet surface. Let family members leave the room as you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of debris that is trapped on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. If you are using liquid carpet cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the room. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Carpet stains are common so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the carpet and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the carpet cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the stains are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner in Parkersburg, WV especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the carpet you bought. Remember that professional carpet cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of carpet. Find out more about a reliable carpet cleaner in Parkersburg, WV. Call them now and let them help you.